What requirements do I have to fulfil in order to become a member?
Detaillierte Informationen findest du unter www.sptv.ch/sptv/mitglied/voraussetzung
What does a membership cost?
The current membership fee is CHF 250.—and is valid for the calendar year (January – December).
What are the advantages of being a member?
- Cooperation with employment offices and authorities
- Access to the educational and technical forum
- Simplified registration as a personal trainer with QualiCert (leads to the Qualitop recognition by the health insurance companies)
- Discounts with partner networks for equipment, continuing education, liability insurance, etc.
What are the goals of the association?
- Encourage professional competence
- Representation of professional issues
- Internal information about professional developments
- Create networking possibilities
- Create a professional job profile; federal recognition
Are there association representatives at the cantonal level?
Our association is divided into regions. The regional coordinator regularly organizes roundtables where fostering mutual exchange is emphasized. The regional coordinator is also your contact person for questions about personal trainers or the association.
General Personal Trainer-related Questions
Which personal trainer education do you recommend?
What kind of insurance do I need in order to become self-employed?
We suggest contacting an independent insurance broker in your area. You should at least have liability insurance, and a loss of income policy would also be a good idea.
How much can I charge for 60 minutes of personal training?
Starting at CHF 120.–
Where can I do a personal trainer internship?
Unfortunately we know of no fitness centers that currently offer personal trainer internships.
How do I start as a personal trainer?
This is quite individual. We suggest getting information from one of the schools listed above.